Re: [FW1] Continous fw-1 fails - AIX help kind of

Hi,
>I presume this could be a missconfiguration in OS and not in the firewall.
>Our fw-1 running on AIX 4.3 / 3 ATM nics is experiencing fails very often
,
>say 2 per week , it suddenly "loses" its table routes and obviously
nothing
>is enabled to go inside or outside the firewall.
 It might be H/W or OS's problem not Firewall-1. Use errpt, diag to
determine what incident is
happened inside of the system. Check your ATM card's micro code level  and
apply latest AIX
maintenance level patch set(Maintenane Level 7 is latest.).

 #I have no responsibility for supporting IBM's product.

regards.
/*   IBM Japan,Ltd.                           */
/*      IGS, e-Business Enablement Services / ERS-J          */
/*             Koichiro Watanabe              */
/*        E_Mail :   [email protected] (Notes)           */
/*              [email protected]                  */

From: Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar <[email protected]>
      @beethoven.us.checkpoint.com on 2001/04/11 11:19 PM

Please respond to Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar <[email protected]>

Sent by:  [email protected]

To:   "'[email protected]'"
      <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject:  [FW1] Continous fw-1 fails - AIX help kind of

I presume this could be a missconfiguration in OS and not in the firewall.
Our fw-1 running on AIX 4.3 / 3 ATM nics is experiencing fails very often ,
say 2 per week , it suddenly "loses" its table routes and obviously nothing
is enabled to go inside or outside the firewall.

Can anyone give us some help?