Re: [FW1] Strange FW behaviour with Proxy

Greetings!

Mike Glassman - Admin schrieb:

> Yes, we use security servers (CVP).
> Have you managed to find a workaround ? This causes major problems as I'm
> sure you imagine when trying to shape the data to the internet, as I do not
> want to shape data to and from the valid FW external leg.

It seems that that is a known "beature" - anytime security servers are used the
Checkpoint behaves like a proxy - with NAT having no effect. See the FAQ
articles:
    * http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0190.html
    * http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0049.html

As for a workaround I cite the FAQ:  "There is no way around this."

One idea is to use the AntiVirus server as relay proxy - instead of using CVP.
Then you could use HTTP without a ressource for outgoing - which will enable
NAT.

One weird, non-tested idea - if you do not want to configure all your clients:
    * set up the AV server (in DMZ) as proxy
    * allow "Interal" to "Any" using URI ressource and point to the AV as
upstream proxy
    * allow the AV proxy HTML out (without resource) to "Any"

Warning: this is just a quick shot - untested and non-researched. But I'd be
highly interested wether this will work as thought.

Bye
    Volker

--

Volker Tanger  <[email protected]>