Re: [FW1] Best Practices - FW-1 on RS/6000/AIX

Hi,

>What procedures you have established in order to prevent from a disaster
>when running a Fw-1 on AIX.
 Almost same as firewall-a for other UNIX system.

My recomendation especially for AIX is to setup syslogd because
AIX doesn't store syslog by default.

 AIX can create full backup tape which contains OS boot image and restoring
program (using mksysb command or smit.)  If you use IP Address base license
registration, restore system backup tape and copy and reinstall latest
policy
is enough for full recovery.

>Is a backup for /usr/lpp/CPfw1-41 enough for a disaster recovery?
 Most of the case, OS is hardened to be secure by hand.
So it's better to backup whole system not only Firewall conf to
prepare disastor case.

regards.
/*   IBM Japan,Ltd.                           */
/*      IGS, e-Business Enablement Services / ERS-J          */
/*             Koichiro Watanabe              */
/*        E_Mail :   [email protected] (Notes)           */
/*              [email protected]                  */

From: Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar <[email protected]>
      @beethoven.us.checkpoint.com on 2001/04/11 02:38 AM

Please respond to Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar <[email protected]>

Sent by:  [email protected]

      <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject:  [FW1] Best Practices - FW-1 on RS/6000/AIX

What procedures you have established in order to prevent from a disaster
when running a Fw-1 on AIX.
Is a backup for /usr/lpp/CPfw1-41 enough for a disaster recovery?

10x