[FW1] Cannot find Policy file on load

Hello all,

Strange situation last night when migrating an eval distributed config
to a valid 25-user single-host gateway. After un-installing everything,
re-installing several times.. this is the situation:

On policy load from the GUI (remote or local), the policy saves, but the
only thing showing in the compilation window is:

>>popen: Cannot find the file specified<<

I'm assuming "popen" is Policy Open, so there's a problem with the
Policy file right?

We're using standard.w for the policy, which CAN be loaded by hand at
the firewall itself by:

fw load ..\conf\standard

So if there's an issue with the policy file, why can I load it by hand
and not from any GUI clients? This is a real pain to load from the
firewall (which has no remote control access) from another country....

Any advice would be appreciated,
CM