Re: [FW1] Lots of hits at Port 515

At 10:23 AM 4/10/01, Sterling, Chuck wrote:

Over the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of scans for tcp port 515.
Are there any serious exploits of this port that I should be aware of?

Chuck Sterling

Everyone seen them -- there's three linux worms looking for lpNG. There's a remote root compromise vulnerability. See:

I've had 7 of these massive scans in the past 24 hours.

-- Joe