Re: [FW1] Requeue mail

At 05:07 AM 4/9/01, Israel Zapata Palacio wrote:

Hello, and thanks in advance for any answer.

I enable Firewall CVP with a Trendmicro`s antivirus, I use an Exchange 5.5 as mail server, and it`s works fine. But I found that some mails queue at the firewall`s spool directory, and the one way to dequeue these messages is restarting the FW (fwstop, fwstart). If I run "fw mdq" without restart the firewall these mails stay queue. I have set the resend period in smtp.conf to different seconds without any results. Somebody knows where is the problem? Is there a way to requeue this mails without restart the fw?

I'm not sure what "fw mdq" does, but when I get stuck email in the spool queue, I kill the mdq process (this is on a Sun). The process respawns itself after about 10 seconds and pushes out the stuck mail. I never had to restart the firewall.

-- Joe