[FW1] Inbound, Outbound, Eitherbound

I am looking for some real world experience to help me answer this question.
We are currently having licensing issues (this is due to the way that we set
up our BigIP boxes behind our FW, long story) But what is happening is that
our FW is seeing external addresses on one of the internal interfaces so it
is trying to "protect" them. Hence throwing us way over on our licenses (and
generating an aweful lot of emails to me!)

What I am thinking of trying, but this is where I need the help!, is
changing the setting from eitherbound (the default) to inbound for our
rulebase. I am curious though, if there are any other ramifications, other
than the fact that the firewall will let anything from "inside" the network
out without checking it. With stateful inspection, I should be fine, I
believe.

Any comments to my issue?

Tim Parker