Re: [FW1] Where is the packet evaluated?

Here is the down and dirty on inbound-outbound thinking:

Orignal packet from internet coming to internal network:  Packet --> FW
external-nic    (inbound inspection)   ------  Packet --> FW internal-nic
(outbound inspection)

Originating packet from internal network: Packet --> FW-internal-nic (inbound
inspection)  ------ Packet --> FW external-nic (outbound inspection)

Kind of confusing but I hope this clears it up for you.  Normally inbound will
suffice unless you have some ultra important reason why you'd need to inspect
packets at both locations (inbound--outbound).

Juan Concepicon
CCSA/CCSE