Re: [FW1] Re:Problem with ICA protocol

No, you don't need icmp -- just 1604 udp (ica browsing) and 1494 tcp (ica)

If you use NAT, you MUST use the 'altaddr' command. No two ways about it.

Note that if your server has MetaFrame Feature Release 1 installed and
licensed, you don't need 1604 udp anymore -- but you may need 80 tcp. FR1
moved browsing from udp to tcp, AFAIK.

Dave Grabowski
System Arts, [email protected]

                    [email protected]
                    Sent by:                                        To:     [email protected]
                    [email protected]        cc:
                    kpoint.com                                      Subject:     [FW1] Re:Problem with ICA protocol

                    04/04/2001 10:39 AM

Tx to all who helped me with this one.  Although the problem isn´t solved
yet, I am following the hints you all sent me.

If i am using static NAT, do I still need to set the AltAddr on the
MetaFrame server?

I´ve been asked if ICMP is enabled on the firewall, and that if it isn´t
this could be the reason of the problem.  Any thoughts on that?  Wouldn´t
make much sense for me, but...

thanks again,
Geraldo Fonseca
Icatu-Hartford Seguros S.A.
[email protected]
----- Repassado por Geraldo Fonseca/MTZ/IHSEG em 04/04/2001 10:54 -----

                    Geraldo

                    Fonseca              Para:

[email protected]
                    03/04/2001           cc:

                    16:37                Assunto:     Problem with ICA
protocol

Hi all,

I am using FW-1 sp2, and I am not able to estabilish connections from the
Internet to my MetaFrame server.  I´ve created the following rule:

any  MetaFrameServer     any  allow

I am allowing connections to any port only because this is a testing
environment.  The ICA client documentation says that ports 1494-tcp and
1604-udp are the only ones needed.

In the FW-1 log i see the connection being accepted by the firewall, but
the ICA client shows an error similar to a timeout after a while.

Any ideas are welcome.  Thanks in advance

Geraldo Fonseca
Icatu-Hartford Seguros S.A.