[FW1] FW-1 4.0 (SP6) on Solaris 8/Sparc

Before people light up their torches: I do know that Solaris 8 is not
an officially supported platform.

However, I did want to try out installing it and see how it all
interacted, and after every reboot I get a message like this:

FW-1 IP: An interface configuration command has been issued, but the
         FW-1 driver could not be informed.

         [snip]

The machine is set up using jass-0.2's standard 32-bit minimized
profile, and has the Soalris core cluster of the OS installed, nothing
else.

And it seems to invalidate it's licence every time it is rebooted. If
I reenter the license it is OK untill next boot. Has anyone come
across this, and have a wink in the right direction about what may be
amiss?

cheers,
--
Alexander Hoogerhuis
FYI: perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'