[FW1] VPN Stops working after awhile

Our VPN from Site A to Site B stop working when there is no activity between the two sites.

It will start working only when traffic is initiated from one firewall to the other firewall and then VPN between the two networks will start flowing again.

After a period of idle time, when a connection is iniiated from the private network behind the firewall to the other firewall, then it stops working.

The error in the remote firewall log viewer is:  Encryption Failure: Packet is not IPSEC scheme: IKE
There is no error or log on the local firewall

Then i go to my firewall and initiate a session to the remote firewall, then everything starts working again. And it shows in both log viewer that traffic is encrypted.

Is there a time out value somewhere that needs to be set?