Re: [FW1] My reason to turn off IP Spoofing

Hi

Tell me, are you using 5 single port pci nics?
Try using 4port cards like perhaps ZX346Q (www.znyx.com)

But what do you think about the following situation you produce, if you make
your clients multi homed?
Client in 10.0.0.x has n-nics which connect to 172.32.0.x / 172.33.0.x /
172.34.0.x / 172.35.0.x / 172.36.0.x
=> The idea of firewalling will be lost, because your client in 10.0.0.x
opens the doors to all secured lans.....right,  the firewall will still drop
traffic from internet, but if an attacker comes from internal
networks....you are lost... you can't control the multi homed client...

hmm another thingy: why not setting up a citrix server in the 172.36.0.x and
let your clients from 10.0.0.x connect to the citrix server...from there you
are in the right lan. (you can control citrix connections/authentication)
you should think about your actual concept/running env......that's not the
correct way to solve your problem, switching lan cable...and why a client
needs 5 nics?

hope these hints help you to solve your problem.... and only disable ip
spoofing if you trust your internal lans, I wouldn't...

regards,

mike