Re: [FW1] Prompt-less authentication for Web access

The *easiest* way (as you'd suspect) would be to use a combination of an
internal Windows based proxy server doing NTLM authentication, and IE 4.0
or higher.  In this combination, IE will tranparently pass the user's
credentials to the proxy when asked for them.

Another possibility might be to have the firewall query your internal LDAP
server if you currently have one set up.  Could you set it to simply look
up whether or not a particular user is already authenticated, and if so,
check if they're in the "Allow Internet" group, then allow the traffic?

I also hear there is going to be a new Firewall-1 5.0 module which will
plug in to an NT PDC/AD/DHCP Server and, via CVP, pass userID to IP
mappings to the firewall in real time.  But that won't be released until at
least September of this year...  Anyway, hope this helps.

Jason WItty, CISSP
http://www.securitystats.com