RE: [FW1] Turn off ip spoofing on internal LAN

Antispoofing needs to be configured for 1) All interfaces, or 2) No interfaces.  You can't configure antispoofing for only one interface-- it sort of defeats the whole purpose.  With antispoofing, firewall-1 needs to know what it should see on every interface.

-Warren.
-----Original Message-----
From: felix [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 3:49 PM
To: Fw-1-Mailinglist
Subject: [FW1] Turn off ip spoofing on internal LAN

Hi

    For some reasons I need to turn off the IP spoofing on my internal Nics in Firewall Box, of course I'll keep IP spoofing on external Nic on the firewall box! Meanwhile I will disallow traffic from DMZ to Localnet. Do you guys think it's ok? By doing this do I run any potential security risk or not? The condition is that no internal guy will be acted as a hacker.

Thanks!