[FW1] Win95 Secure Remote VPN now dead

I had an interesting problem today.  After using Secure Remote in many branch locations over dial-up for a very long time successfully, I had a problem.  Two of my users in different locations could no longer access resources through the VPN.  After trying many things the only thing common was that they both used win95.  All other users are WinNT and Win98.

I setup another PC with Win95 so I could test locally and it too had a problem.  I upgraded the machine to Win98 and everything is fine.

Was this a very bad April Fools Joke?  I love Mondays.