From: Pires, Michael [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 10:37 AM
To: 'Thomas Holmstrom'; Pires, Michael;
[email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] ftp problems to oracle

I know the problem (A sniffer shows all) Its the banner oracle uses on that
site is big and fragments across three packets which the firewall doesent
accept. If you rem this line #define FTP_ENFORCE_NL in base.def and push the
policy than all works and by-passes the security check. However this is a
temporary fix just to get the patch I think Oracle should change their
useless banner or move it to after you have logged in.