From: Kinsey, Brian A. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 4:07 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] When are addresses translated with Hide NAT?

I am using Hide NAT to allow my Internal network access to the Internet
through my External (registered) Interface of my firewall. I was under the
impression that addresses would be translated to the Hide address as the
packets pass through the external (registered) interface.

I have now seen on servers in two different DMZs where it says the source IP
was the address I have set up as the Hide address when the packet originated
from my internal network.

Is this normal behavior? Are the addresses translated when they enter the
firewall and not when the exit a certain interface? My setup us FW-1 4.1 SP3
on Win NT 4.0 SP5.

TIA