Re: [FW1] ftp problems to oracle

Hi all,

      Once I had a problem like this and it was related with the way ftp
      servers were being balanced.

      I had, let's say, ftp.enterprise.com, and when I ftp'ed this site an
      ALTEON redirected me to ftp-1.enterprise.com.

      The problem was that data-conections had source ip address ftp-1,
      they wasn't being translated on the ALTEON.

      Obviously the "statefull inspection" of any release of FW-1 refused
      the data connection as it was not related with any control connection
      it had knowledge of.

      Hope this helps, sorry for my english.

          Raúl.

"Thomas Holmstrom" <[email protected]>@lists.us.checkpoint.com con
fecha 29/03/2001 19:08:08

      Enviado por: [email protected]

         De                 "Thomas Holmstrom"
                            <[email protected]>
                            @lists.us.checkpoint.com
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Copias
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         CCI
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Fecha              29/03/2001 19:08
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Tema               Re: [FW1] ftp problems to oracle
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+

We've also seen this problem and we're running Checkpoint 4.1 SP3. A
colleague of mine who operates a Checkpoint protected network was having
the
same issue with the oracle ftp site. Some users have reported the same
thing
happening to them from home, although most could access it fine. After some
users reported problems from home, we chalked it up to an issue with the
Oracle FTP site and asked the developer who was requesting to get to that
site call Oracle. I'm not sure if he ever did. I'd be interested to hear if
anyone else has more information on this, but I'd be surprised if the
problem was a Checkpoint issue, since we've been able to ftp to hundreds of
other sites just fine.