Re: [FW1] ftp problems to oracle

We've also seen this problem and we're running Checkpoint 4.1 SP3. A colleague of mine who operates a Checkpoint protected network was having the same issue with the oracle ftp site. Some users have reported the same thing happening to them from home, although most could access it fine. After some users reported problems from home, we chalked it up to an issue with the Oracle FTP site and asked the developer who was requesting to get to that site call Oracle. I'm not sure if he ever did. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has more information on this, but I'd be surprised if the problem was a Checkpoint issue, since we've been able to ftp to hundreds of other sites just fine.

From: "Pires, Michael" <[email protected]>
To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: [FW1] ftp problems to oracle
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:47:44 -0500

We are running checkpoint 4.0 Build 4156 and when we try and ftp to
oracle-ftp.oracle.com the client (or firewalls) send a RST packet but if we
try and ftp to ftp.oracle.com it works. The only difference we see (in the
sniffer) is that the one that works gets a FTP server ready and the one that
doesent work try to display a banner which overflows against three packets
and a RST is sent. Is checkpoint looking for a FTP server ready?

Any has resolved this issue before?

Thanks