Re: [FW1] IP Design for transparent firewall

I had a similar problem, what I did is asking My ISP to split the class and to
provide a route to the innerr addresses through my firewall (it's not too hard
to obtain if you manage to talk directly to a technician on the ISP side).
As for the splitting, using a four address block on the external is a bit
dangerous, even if you don't want to NAT anything now in that way you won't have
any free address for static NAT if you change your mind and the 4 address block
in the inside won't be so useful (you'll only have 1 free address on tha subnet.
If I were you, I would just split the class in 2 8 address bloks.

  Hope it helps

  Michele

"Clayton Nash" <[email protected]> on 29/03/2001 12.39.36