RE: [FW1] GUI Interface passwords

Looks good! Thanks again for the help!
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Richmond [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 11:59 AM
To: David Frank
Subject: Re: [FW1] GUI Interface passwords

David,

From a shell prompt on the firewall, type 'cpconfig'. This is where you set up the GUI clients and GUI administrators. If cpconfig doesn't work, enter in the correct path (the $FWDIR directory should already be setup for the root account though, so you shouldn't have any problems).

Let me know if you have any problems.

Good luck!

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jeff Richmond
Internetworking Engineer
Electric Lightwave, Inc.
voice
(360) 816-3522 fax
[email protected]
++++++++++++++++++++++++

David Frank wrote:

 We recently had our FW admin leave and I am taking up his responsibilities. I have changed almost all of the passwords and have settled in good so far...Question: Where does the password file for the GUI interface generally reside and what is the best way to change it? BTW, I we are running Solaris 5.7 and checkpoint 4.1Thanks in advance for helping out a young buck,David Frank