From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Rodney Lacroix
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 11:03 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Steel Belted Radius and Novell

Actually, after playing around with different settings, I've found that using the user "generic*" causes SEVERE latency in several things (authentication, data transfer, etc.).  I've changed my settings to use user names on the firewall, using RADIUS authentication, and use group authentication on the RADIUS server.  In doing this, authentication times came down from 15 seconds to 4 seconds, and pings responded on the first try (it took about 6 requests before a reply the other way).

Thanks.

Rodney

>>> "Rocky Stefano" <[email protected]> 03/28/01 09:03AM >>>
You might have ICMP disabled in your properties screen on the firewall.

Rocky Stefano
Echelon Systems Inc.
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
www.echelonsystems.com <http://www.echelonsystems.com>
Cell
Cell Fax
Systems that work...

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is
contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other
information expressed or contained in this email are not given or endorsed
by the sender unless otherwise affirmed independently by the sender.