[FW1] VPN - do I need a second Firewall

Title: VPN - do I need a second Firewall

I am looking at adding a second firewall to our network to protect our DMZ zone and provide VPN capabilities.  We currently use Checkpoint FW-1 4.1 firewall on WinNT 4.0.

However, the problem is that this firewall requires a remote VPN client (securemote) that allows for remote user VPN access.   This remote client has no programming calls to allow for our custom applications to automatically create the VPN channels and keep the authentication away from the remote users.

Is there something I am missing with FW-1 4.1 or should I be looking at adding a different Firewall to compliment my FW-1.  If so, any suggestions?

Chris Orr
Manager, Information Services
Sunnybrook Hospital