RE: [FW1] Esafe Gateway Version 3

Sorry I forgot to mention yes it is the CVP version.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Mike
Glassman - Admin
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 10:20 AM
To: 'Benjamin Keller'
Cc: 'fw-1 listserv'
Subject: RE: [FW1] Esafe Gateway Version 3

Is this the CVP version or the standard version ?

I personally did not like the idea (even though in general it seems to offer
a lot of advantages) of having an additional "box" between my network and
the Firewall. This adds another major breakable position, as fars as it's
being an IP forwarder in addition to the firewall.

With the CVP version, you can still allow data to flow even if the CVP is
down, whereas with the version 3 "box", if it stops working, no data will
flow to the firewall at all.

The basic schematic of this would be :

Internal Network

Esafeg Gateway 3 (2 NIC's, IP forwarder - both directions)

Firewall

Internet

Mike.