From: Tim Holman [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 27 March 2001 17:50
To: Rodney Lacroix; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] Windows2000 LDAP authentication

It SHOULD be as simple as creating an LDAP account unit and bind, but a lot
of common OIDs are missing from W2K LDAP - you'll need to add these, or
change them according to what Checkpoint needs.
I ran into a problem integrating a mail server with W2K LDAP and ended up
pointing it at a Netscape LDAP server, instead which works as you'd expect
it to.
Documentation is lacking concerning Active Directory / LDAP - I realise it's
fully capable, but why spend time messing around with it when Netscape can
do the trick more or less out of the box ?

:)

Tim