RE: [FW1] FW state synchronization

I have done it at least a dozen times already.
1: Allow FW service between the two modules in your policy.
    I'd say, allow everything between the two modules for the testing environment.
2. Stop the firewall.
3. Make sure that the ip addresses in the sync.conf files are on the same subnet and are directly reachable by each other.
4. Make sure you run the putkey command for the same addresses that appear in the sync.conf files.
5. No need to "(./fw putkey -n myserver IP address destination server IP address "
        Just fw putkey <the other module's IP>....
        please enter password...
        repeat password.....
        ....fwstart
6. Do the same on the other module, make sure you are very accurate when giving the other module's IP, make sure it's the same IP that appears in the sync.conf file.
7. Consult $FWDIR/log/fwd.elg to see if the synchronization is taking place, fw ctl pstat doesn't give you much information.
Good luck.
HTH
Michael.

BTW... RainWall 1.5 needs a certain patch level to run well on Sunos 2.6... Read the pdf, system requirements....
Besides, make sure you are not using the "new" UDP sync feature, which was introduced in SP2, either downgrade to SP1 (for the test environment), or disable the advanced UDP sync feature, and use the old fashioned TCP sync.....

...snip....

New FW-1 state synchronization

In SP2, Check Point added a new way to do state synchronization, which is

described on page 5 of the SP2 release notes. This state synchronization

mechanism is in Beta, and is NOT the default. As the new sync appears to have

some interoperability issues with RainWall, we strongly recommend that you

continue to use the old way of doing firewall state synchronization when running

with RainWall, as described on page 564 of the Check Point VPN-1/Firewall-1

Administration Guide. We are working with Check Point to address any

interoperability issues between the new state synchronization method and

RainWall.

snip......