AW: [FW1] Outbound SMTP problems

Change the default mail-server in checkeckpoint configuration to " ", then
you should not have any probs.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Steve Meeters [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. März 2001 20:34
An: [email protected]
Betreff: [FW1] Outbound SMTP problems

We have an Exchange 5.5 on our internal network. We have been using it with
a managed firewall service to receive and send Internet e-mail for quite
some time. It's our internal e-mail server also. We are migrating to our own
Check Point FW-1 and this weekend attempted to switch the Internet mail
services to from the managed firewall to the CP. Our isp changed the DNS
records for our two damains and incoming mail is delivered to the mail
server without any problems. We're having problems with the outbound mail
though. The Exchange server delivers the mail to the firewall, which accepts
it as shown in the log. The firewall then sends it back to the Exchange
server, which sends it back to the firewall. This goes on for a few loops
and then the message is returned to the sender with an error stating
"Maximum receipt headers exceeded (possible mail loop)." We are using the
SMTP security server and have rules set up for incoming and outgoing mail.

Any help or suggestions on getting our mail outta here?

Thanks a lot,

Steve

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/