Re: [FW1] FW state synchronization

Have you allowed the control connection in the rulebase ?
Look at View > Implied Rules.   This may already be there, which suggests another problem.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 25 March 2001 17:33
Subject: [FW1] FW state synchronization

HI everyone,

I'm running CP 4.1 SP2 on 2x Solaris 2.6 servers. I tried to implement Rainwall standby solution. As a part of the procedure I needed to state synchronize both firewalls. I have the right IP address in $FWDIR/conf/sync.conf file on both firewalls. I stopped the fw process and tried a dozen times to install a key between both nodes (./fw putkey -n myserver IP adddress destination server IP address as well as ./fw putkey destinationIP address) as well as trace couple files in conf and database directories as this is described in phoneboy.  Unfortunately when I started back fw process I still have sync in:off sync out:off when I issued ./fw ctl pstat

I'll appreciate any suggestions how I can get around this problem..

thank you

Kiril