[FW1] VRRP question

Hi,

I'm currently running FW1 4.1 SP3 + IPSO 3.3 on a HA environemment by using
VRRP.

I was reading an artice about configuring VRRP over monitored circuits and
in that article it was specified that, in order to check if the state tables
of both firewalls are in sync, you should run the following commands:

netstat -na

If I understood correctily, this should show you that the hearbeat interface
are communicating with each other on port 256

fw tab -t connections -s

If you run this command on both fws, you should have roughly the same # of
connections.

fw tab -t connections

You should see any connections mirrored on both fws.

My problem, as you probably already have guessed, is that I can't get either
of the results expected. Any suggestions?

On the side, does anyone know how to test the VRRP failover remotely, i.e,
without taking the network cable of one of the interfaces? I've bringing one
of the interfaces down but it gets right up again and the IPs don't have the
time to failover.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Francisco Cabral