RE: [FW1] ELA proxy

Pete,

Webtrends uses LEA (Log Export API), not ELA.  LEA is the opposite of
ELA; it allows FW-1 to send events to a 3rd party reporting application.
Although it is possible to use Webtrends with manually exported log
files, I believe they recommend using LEA as the preferred interface
between the two.

Per Check Point: "WebTrends Firewall Suite integrates with the Log
Export API (LEA) of the OPSEC architecture in VPN-1/FireWall-1. When LEA
is used, a secure connection is set up between WebTrends Firewall Suite
and VPN-1/FireWall-1. This connection provides the mechanism that safely
and securely transfers data between the firewall and the analysis
engine. By encrypting data at the firewall, LEA ensures that firewall
logs are not tampered with during transport. The LEA connection also
facilitates the creation of real-time reports without the need to export
complete log files at every update interval, saving time and bandwidth
resources."

Also see:
ftp://ftp.webtrends.com/firewall/fw_cg.pdf

HTH,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity
[email protected]