[FW1] Problem: control connections, SR, logging

I have a site which is multihomed with two 4.1SP3 firewalls which has been
operational for over a year.  During a hardware implementation, the property
to accept Control Connections was re-enabled (the rules regarding IKE, FW1,
and Firewall1 group were in place still) to remove any possible problems.
Now, when I re-enable it, I can push the policy, but after that I can push
no other policies, Securemote stops working, and the firewall stops logging.
I have to do an unload all.all and change the property and re-push it to fix
these issues.  It appears to me that this has something to do with putkey
corruption.  Does anyone else have any ideas?  Thanks for any help.

Mark