Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [FW1] log viewer doesn´t display new log messages

Veronica,

I think I have the answer for you. There is a know bug for this version/sp level that sometimes may lead the fw and mgmt stop talking to each other. Maybe the forced shutdown raised the problem.

I would try logswitch again, if it does not work, try logexport to something else, and if you don't care about the logs anymore, try to purge using the log viewer of manually delete the log files after an fwstop.

I would also STONGLY recommend at least a newer service pack for v4. Yours is buggy!

Also consider to migrate to CP2000 SP3 (fw1 4.1 SP3) because it seems to be stable and you'll be up to date with the latest corrections and minor bug fixes.

I faced a problems just like yours and with these steps I could solved that,

best wishes

AYlton