Re: [FW1] user auth & https

1. Insure the following line exists in $FWDIR/conf/fwauthd.conf:

443 in.ahttpd wait 0

If it's not there or it's commented out, add/uncomment it and bounce FireWall-1.

2. Modify the pre-defined service https. Change the protocol type from "None" to "URI."

You may now use HTTPS for authentication or content security as appropriate provided the client is configured to use the firewall as a proxy for HTTPS requests.

cheers

Graeme

Vitaly Osipov wrote:

Hi all,

I have a very stupid question probably, but I am stuck... Can I perform some
kind of user auth on Checkpoint for HTTPS service? or is it possible to
combine user auth and transparent client auth to, for example, have a client
to connect to http://www.blahblah.com, asked for password by a FW-1, happily
authenticated and then somehow got access not only to port 80, but to port
443 also? additionla "client auth" rule with http and https together and
transparent sign-on? or any other way to get an HTTPS server protected by
FW-1 password without putting agents on client machines? FW-1 as an HTTPS
proxy? Checkpoint says "User auth is not available for https _yet_" :(

regards,
W.