[FW1] Failed to Connect to www server

This error was documented on Phoneboy web site.  But I have some questions on the work around #2 and #3.

Work Around:

1.  Contact the remote site in question to ask them to fix their reverse DNS entry.
2.  Add an entry in your firewall's local host file and have the system resolve against the host file first ( untested )
3.  Exclude the site in question from going through the security server by adding a rule above your security server rule that permits normal HTTP to the site.

Objective:

To minimize or remove getting this error " Failed to connect to www server ".

 Questions:

1.  We are using "User Auth" for user authentication for HTTP.  Can I still have "user auth" if we were to follow work around # 3 ?