From: Newsmaster [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 5:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Problems with FW 4.1 SP 3

	Hi.

	We have an 4.1 FW with SP 3 installed on Solaris 2.6

	It has 54 rules and 83 translations. Recently we are having
troubles with this firewall: It gets frozen every 1 2 or 3 minutes for a
seconds, an then continues working ok. The machine is not loaded, it has
processor and memory enough. We have changed the machine an the problems
continues. We have tested the network an the Catalyst, and it's ok. Whe
have testet with two firewalls: the same machine, the same OS and the same
FW started, one is managing connections, a lot, an the other not. The
problem is in the FW working and not in the other FW. I think there is a
problem in FW 4.1 software. Whe have monitorized th machine and it seems
desn't have problems at all: load is ok, memory ok, disk ok, etc.

	Any idea? Is 4.1 stable enough to work ok in hard conditions? Any
bug? Any help?

	We had a lot of troubles in our working due this problem.

	Hoping answers (Please)

	Adolfo Ranero Serrano