RE: [FW1] RADIUS Setup

Patrick,

> I get no loggin message on the RADIUS server about authentication
> even being attempted, but I get the following in the firewall logs:
>    reject rule 0	reason Refused Topology request.
>			Authentication scheme not allowed for user.

This error message indicates that you have turned off the property
	Respond to Unauthenticated topology downloads
but have NOT enabled IKE authentication for the generic* user.

You have two options:
1:  Enable unauthenticated topology downloads
2:  Use Hybrid mode IKE

The password used for topology download is assigned in the IKE tab for the
generic* user (Encryption/IKE, Authentication tab).  It will be the same for
ALL users authenticated by Radius.  (Note that this REQUIRES IKE to be
enabled).    Radius will NOT be used to validate this password.

The Radius password is used for the SecuRemote encrypted session, for either
FWZ or for Hybrid mode IKE.

--
Timothy Frost			mailto:[email protected]
EDS New Zealand			Fax: +64-4-495-0473