Re: [FW1] Hardware issues-What should we add?

The hardware configuration depends upon the client's requirements, network
traffic, network configuration, security policy, # of users, etc.. By
instance, I have 2 different hardware configuration for 2 diferent
networks.
The first one is a Dell PC (believe it or not..), pentium233, 128MB, 4GB
hd, and 4NIC 100Mb and it works fine for a 200 user network, with 1 subnet
and no web/ftp servers, no VPN, no client/user/session authentication, no
encryption, no remote users.
The second one is a IBM server Xseries 330, dual pentium III 1GHZ, 512MB,
two 18.2GB Hard Drive (Raid 1), 6NIC 100Mb card, and it supports a 9,000
user network with 3 webservers, 1 ftp server, 2 VPN networks, encryption,
client authentication, etc, etc

Carlos Rivera
EDS SE Information Soultions
Willow Oaks Corporate Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031

                    Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar
                    <[email protected]>                        To:     "FW1-MailingList (E-mail)"
                    Sent by:                                    <[email protected]>
                    [email protected]        cc:
                    kpoint.com                                  Subject:     [FW1] Hardware issues-What should we
                                                                add?

                    03/16/01 08:04 AM

We are into a discussion here , testing some hardware for an extra
Firewall-1.What is your opinion about CPU processing , memory or NICs being
the essential hardware resource for a firewall?