[FW1] Re: Checkpoint Firewall-1 access behind Linux Nat/Masq

"Timothy F. Lee" wrote:

> Thanks much for the reply. Is there a documented FAQ somewhere on what I
> need to do on the Checkpoint end and on the Linux end ot get all this
> working together? Was there anything else you did on the Checkpoint
> firewall other than upgrading to the latest revisions? Thanks.
>
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, bill chmura wrote:
>
> > I got it working with the most permissive of rule sets on the Linux
> > box.  This is using the latest release of FW1, with SP2 on it - prior
> > to that there were big issues with NAT
> >
> > What version of CP FW1 are you running, and do you have a recent
> > secureremote?

On a not totally unrelated note, I have SR working just fine from behind
an OpenBSD 2.8 router running ipnat and (quite restrictive) ipf,
masquerading my internal RFC1918 network using one legal (static ADSL)
IP. All I did was change the SR config to make it use encapsulated UDP,
all according to the instructions at phoneboy (can't recall the specific
link right off hand) and now everything works like a charm, even SDL and
browsing the infamous network neighborhood if I feel like it. I can even
have more than one host on the internal network running SR at the same
time.

I do however have both a wins server setup in the office LAN as well as
a complete hosts file containing the pertinent hosts (DNS, WINS, FW,
domain controller et al).

The FW-1 is 4.1 SP2 (VPN-1 3DES) on a Nokia IP330.

hth,

     /Johan Lindquist

--
Public PGP key available at http://www.cshealthcare.se/~johan/PGP/ or