Re: [FW1] Nokia ip440 running checkpoint

----- Original Message -----
From: mkisner <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 5:07 PM
Subject: [FW1] Nokia ip440 running checkpoint

> Hi,
>
> I am running two nokia 440's with failover. These firewall's are
protecting
> a mission critical website with two webservers, a database server and a
> staging server in a data centre environment.
>
> I noticed on the phoneboy.com site that if you have two external
interfaces
> you need an unlimited license. Can someone confirm this please.
>
> I am getting conflicting answers with regards the license required. We
have
> a 50 node license purchased.

As I understand it, yes this _is_ the case. The limited node licenses are
for 1 external interface only.
This isn't a requirement for having a failover pair though. (Although you'll
need separate licenses for each node)

Oh, and you'll probably be wanting some form of enterprise management
console, since otherwise you'll have to maintain two separate policies.

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended for
the recipient only. The views contained in this email are those of the
author and not necessarily those of the company. If you have received this
email in error, please notify us immediately by reply and then delete it
from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person or store or copy this information
in any medium.