[FW1] HA Question

Title: HA Question

We have been researching various High Availability products for Checkpoint Firewall-1
(running on Solaris 7), and we haven't had any luck locating a product that does what
we are looking for. Example: a pair of CP FW-1 4.1 SP2 firewalls, with ~6 internal
interfaces. If we lose one of the internal interfaces, that entire node drops out of
the cluster, rather than the traffic for only that interface rolling over to the "good"
node.

Is there an HA product for CP Firewall-1 that does HA on a Per Interface basis, rather
than "all or none" (e.g. lose one interface, that firewall drops out of the cluster.)?
Rainwall doesn't, Stonebeat doesn't, and Checkpoint HA doesn't.

This seems like a product/feature that would have been requested before (not
according to the vendors I have spoken with. Apparently it's a feature  that's never
been requested.).

So how does everyone else handle HA? Is it strictly "all or none", is there a product
I've missed in my research, or is it pretty much a script your own type of deal?

  Chuck Little
  Security Engineer