[FW1] backup and restore of provider-1

Hello,

I am trying to perform a backup and restore of Provider-1. I have tried two methods with poor results.

First I tired to use the mds_backup and mds_restore utilities. The backup appeared to work fine but when I tried to perform a restore with mds_restore and mds_restore_cma I got an error stating that the MDS is still running and the restore failed. Yet I stopped the mds using mdsstop before performing the restore.

The second method I used was simply to use Veritas to do a file system copy to tape. When I did this everything appeared to work except that when starting mds with mdsstart I saw the following message
FireWall-1: Starting fwm (Remote Management Server)
FireWall-1: failed to start fwm

And sometimes I don't get log messages, and the last log ctl entry states the log server went down. But everything else appears to work fine. I can connect to the server and view and install policies, logging seems to be the only thing affected.

Any ideas are welcome.

MikeCC
http://atrek.org/mikecc