[FW1] RE: Exchange-Outlook via Firewall

Title:

Arie

You will need to have access to your Exchange servers so you can tell them to use static ports for the Information Store and Directory services.  Create your TCP rpc-mapper on port 135.  Then you tell the FW to allow those ports.  Here is a step by step.

1. Define a TCP service rpc-mapper on port 135.

2. Configure Microsoft Exchange server to use a specific port(s) you choose (above 1024). This may be done by modifying the registry on the server machine (the machine running Microsoft Exchange) as follows:

For Directory Services:

i. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
ii. Under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following subkey:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDS\Parameters\TCP/IPport
iii. Add the following registry value:
TCP/IP port as DWORD value (16 bits), specifying the port to be used.
iv. Quit Registry Editor.

For Information Store the procedure is similar. Just modify a different key:

i. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
ii. Under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following subkey:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem\TCP/IPport
iii. Add the following registry value TCP/IP port as DWORD (16 bit number) value, specifying the port to be used.
iv. Quit Registry Editor.

3. Enable the rpc-mapper and port(s) you configured (in the registry) in the rule base, in the Client to Exchange server direction.