[FW1] FW-1 and Microsoft VPN

Title: FW-1 and Microsoft VPN
-----Original Message-----
From: Cook, Michael R.
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:15 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] FW-1 and Microsoft VPN

You will need to define a rule that allows services PPTP-TCP and GRE (Generic Routing Protocol) inbound and outbound between ANY and your VPN server.  The PPTP-TCP definition allows port 1723 on any port by default, although you can specify a range if desired.  The GRE definition allows IP protocol 47.  Unless you explicitly deny them, no port should be blocked if you set it up this way.

Michael R. Cook, CCSA/CCSE
Network Analyst
Information Systems
Norton Healthcare