[FW1] logging question.

I notice in my logs that I have connections coming from the internet to the external interface of our firewall. The source is from a 10...xxx networks (non routable), and of course could not traverse the internet on its way back. I was wondering if anyone else sees this, and what they may be trying to do. They are using high port #. It is all getting dropped, but I still wonder what is happening.

On a different note, we also see from time to time, machines in our DMZ trying to make connections out to the internet using HTTP and HTTPS. The address' they are trying to connect to gives "destination host unreachable" when we try to ping them. I have talked to the admins on those machines, and they are saying that nothing they are doing should make http connections to the internet.

any ideas ?