[FW1] Securemote and Stonebeat again.

Hello,
We are using Firewall-1 SP2 with Stonebeat 2.0.2035 SP2. We are licensed for the following:
Version 4.1 Build 41814 [VPN + DES + STRONG]
I am using Securemote version 4.1 build 4176( I have tried both version VPN+DES and VPN+Strong) for Windows NT.
When I try to connect to our production network using Securemote I will invariable get the following error:
"User is not properly defined" or "their was no response from firewall at ..xxx.xxx."
Now I only get these messages after I successfully download the topology. I can update the site and my username/password is accepted however when I try to fire up say an SSH session to one of the host behind the firewall I will get these error messages. I have read some posts in the archive that mentioned going to Properties and either checking or unchecking "Respond to Unauthenticated Topology requests. This did not seem to work and I guess I don't see what the logic behind that would be perhaps someone could elaborate. As far as my user profile is concerned I have it set up to use IKE, with VPN&Firewall-1 Password for Authentication, Encryption is IKE with password selected and public key unchecked. Encryption is ESP, SHA1 and 3DES. I would greatly appreciate any help, feedback, resources etc.
Thanks
Clifford