Re: [FW1] Setting a default policy to view when opening policy editor

Dan,

>From my testing, it appears (at least for me - NT. Not tested any
other platform) that the last rule saved is the one tagged to
load and not the last one viewed. Is this how it works for you?

But, if you look through the rules.fws and see the rulebase that
was saved(viewed) last has a final line that reads ':default (1)'.
A quick test showed that if you change the (1) to any any
other number(e.g. '(5)' ) the first rulebase in the 'rules.fws' is loaded by
default. As soon as you save a rulebase, the old 'default' line
is removed and a new 'default (1)' is placed on the saved
rulebase.

As I saved test rulesbases, this line moved with it. Now, all you need
to do if place this 'tag' at the end of the rulebase you want to start with
by default. Scripting time...or might be easier to just open the one you
want each time via the menu??

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald
Global Infrastructure Group, Haworth, Inc.
Voice:email: [email protected]