    From:   Joaquin Tejada [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent:   Thursday, March 08, 2001 5:58 PM
    To:     [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject:        [FW1] Nokia's role in supporting Checkpoint

    I just learned that the support that you get from Nokia will cover third party applications (ie. Checkpoint).   That means one does not need to get a Gold/Gold Plus/Platinum support from Checkpoint which we all know cost a lot of money.

    Advantage: you save money in support cost.
    Disadvantage: you dont know how good is Nokia in supporting Checkpoint.  In the end, you can always go back and buy the support if you are not happy with Nokia in supporting CP.

    I  guess my real question is:
    Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Nokia when you have a problem/question about Checkpoint?  If so, please share your experience.

    I'd appreciate any feedback.

    Regards,
    Joaquin

    From my vendor:
    Part Number:    NSP 5002 XXX for (5X8)  or NSP 5001 XXX  for (7x24)
            The services feature the following elements (no on-site support
    element is provided by these services):
    *       Nokia Software Subscription service (for Nokia software only,
    Third-Party Software Subscription sold separately)-maintenance release
    updates and error correction, secure access to Nokia Support Web
    *       Hardware Advance Replacement (AR) service--with next business day
    (NBD) shipping of replacement unit
    *       Technical Assistance on Nokia and third-party applications running
    on the platform
               A choice of 5x8 business hours or 7x24 enhanced coverage
    providing:
            Special end-customer direct Technical Assistance with full Nokia TAC
    access , and
            Nokia Support Web- Full Access comprised of:
            - Telephone and web-based assistance,
            - Full secure online access to support database to view and enter
    cases,
            - Online access to Knowledge Base, online RMAs and Agreements and
    product documentation,
    - Proactive notification services for new releases, alerts and updates