Re: [FW1] WWW Timeout

>Hello.  I am fairly new to Firewall-1 and I would like to know if I can set
>up a rule that would drop a users WWW connection if IDLE for more that a
>specified amount of time.  If Firewall-1 cannot provide that function is
>anyone using a product such as this?
>
>Additionally, does Checkpoint make a product that can monitor e-mail
>messages?  For example, I would like a report of number of e-mails sent and
>to which sites monthly.

This is actually how a stateful firewall works.
Checkpoint maintains a connection table of everything incoming and outgoing that
it has 'seen'. If it sees a 'close' of connection then it'll expire the
connection from the table. It will also time out a connection after a period of
time (default is 3600 seconds IIRC). It then gets removed from the state table,
and any further packets from this connection will be dropped.

The firewall logs will allow you to check for email numbers and destinations -
just check for outbound port 25 connections.

Or have a look at your mail logs.

--
Ed Rolison
Systems Admin