[FW1] Remote Management Questions, When fw Putkeys go bad ........

Hi All,

Quick question, I am trying to complete config of a management station and
firewall. The firewall does have a rulebase on it, and the problem is that I
cannot push the policy from the management station to the enforcement point.
This has never worked.  I receive an error stating that it (the mgmt
station) has successfully generated the policy but has timed out on trying
to install on the firewall interface.  Now I have checked the phoneboy FAQs
and made sure that I can resolve the names and ping.  I have also tried "fw
putkeys", "fw fetch", etc  but to no avail. On the firewall itself I have
done a "fw unload local host" and removed the policy and then tried to
install "fw load policy.pf gateway"
Once I try this it generates an error "fw:no license for 'fwc'  fwc: No
license.
I have tried almost everything sort of tearing down to rebuild to get the
management station and firewall to talk.  I have updated my control.map,
cleared all my "authkeys", etc.
Both the management station and firewall are running on NT 4.0 service pack
6 using Checkpoint 4.1 Service pack 2.
If you have any ideas as to why I would TRULY appreciate it.

Thanks very much for all thoughts put down :o)

Dave Moran

David Moran
Systems Integration Type Guy
Quarterstone Communications Inc.