Re: [FW1] When is it Eitherbound?

Hi,
correct, the direction choosen in Policy/Properties/SecurityPolicy will apply to
"Gateways", e.g. Inbound.
If "Install-On" is used in a rule, the inspection will be Eitherbound.

Mixing these two options in one rulebase caused sometimes trouble to me, so now I
decide before implementing the rule-base which to use. Since a longer time now, I'm
only using Gateways OR Install-On - not mixed.
Best regards
Matthias

Neal Blount wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When does a policy operate as eitherbound?
>
> If the the policy properties is set to Inbound and some rules are
> defined as install-on will the policy operate as inbound for the gateway
> rules and eitherbound for the install-on or will the whole rulebase be
> eitherbound?
>
> Neal

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard